February 9, 2012

Dotty Blouse

Filed under:Finished Objects,Sewing — Aileen @ 07:52

I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. It’s about as ’60s as it could be. (Apologies in advance, by the way; I have only just noticed that I really should have ironed it before taking photos!)

So, a little recap. The pattern is from ‘ErikawithaK‘ on Etsy (great service, she posted it right away and it came all sealed in a little plastic slip so it was protected). I was just browsing and stumbled upon it. The fact that it was exactly in my size and had four different options (long sleeves, short sleeves, with or without pintucks) sealed the deal.

It’s a little boxy, which was the style then, but I quite like it and it sits very well under knitted garments.

The fabric was 1.25m of Tilda stretch cotton, 150cm wide, from Rubanesque, for about €25. Definitely not cheap but as I found with my other Tilda fabric top, it is actually worth paying for. I washed it because the tag said it had a little shrinkage but it ironed out beautifully. It was lovely to work with and I expect this is a blouse I will reach for for a long time.

I mentioned in my last post that I got some new feet for my machine. Amongst them was a buttonhole foot so, after a little practice, I let it loose on my blouse. Never looking back. Just sayin’.

The cuffs were something new and a little challenging for me. I think the fine finishing on them could have been a little better but they both look the same and they fit very well.

What helped my sanity on this project was not bothering to match the dots. I have since moved on to a gingham blouse. Oh. My. God.

Many seams. Many lines. It may be a while before you see this one. (Which is why I have some knitting and spinning to show soon! See you soon!)

end

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. | TrackBack URI

Leave a comment