Some ups and downs

After the downer of breaking some of my sock needles, I have finally made it to the toe of my first sock.

These Opal bamboos are holding up pretty well but there’s no denying that 2mm is really tiny. I hope I get the second one finished up in time!

I finished the lace wrap on Monday night and got it blocked out yesterday. It was so mild yesterday that it was already dry this morning!

Much to my delight, some shawl pins I ordered the weekend before last arrived in the post on Monday morning. This is the one I picked out for the wrap. It’s hammered bronze (not the same as drunk bronze).

I think it will really suit the recipient. I’m so excited about giving this to her now!

The two other pins that I ordered are equally as nice. I got this one for my mum as a closure for her cardigan. I’m about halfway with the cardigan – 4″ more for the body, the sleeves and the steeking to do.

It’s funny because she was here when the post came so I gave her first pick of the three that I had ordered – she picked the same one I had! The last pin I got is for me. It’s quite small but should do the trick.

It also came with a silver pin too, but it didn’t show up very well against the white lace. I’m planning on using this to fasten my Icarus Shawl whenever I get it finished. All pins were ordered from Ruby Vegas through Etsy – find her here. Shipping was very reasonable and prompt. Check out her stuff!

Speaking of finishing up, I totally finished off the picot edged sweater yesterday. I sewed up the hems (much quicker and easier than anticipated). Last night, I gave it a good wash. By a good wash, I mean I rinsed it out about twenty times to get all the dye out. I ran out of yarn about half way through this sweater and used another dyelot that hadn’t been rinsed fully. I was hoping that by rinsing it out thoroughly it would tone down the difference in dyelot. It didn’t really. And it semi-felted the angora trim. I’m not entirely sure how it happened because I used lukewarm water and just a lot of squeezing. Maybe it’s just how angora goes when you wash it and by the time it is dry, it will be back to its light’n’fluffy glory. Too much to hope?

One thought on “Some ups and downs

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *