Can you tell I’m sort of a separates gal?
First up, the blouse. A straight forward vintage pattern I picked up on Etsy. It has princess panels in the front and required no fitting whatsoever.
I used just over 2m of cotton gingham (woven as opposed to printed) from Hickey’s for about €20.
I really like the collar and stand; I hand sewed the stand down for a better finish and it worked. I also used Jersey snaps instead of regular buttons which is super quick, if a bit loud.
Here’s a better view of the panelling. I used the opportunity to cut my panels on the bias so I didn’t bother trying to match the pattern.
The skirt is another Cambie skirt, made using the same wool and lining as my cape.
I used very, very old black lace to hem it. I bought this lace back when Rubanesque had their tiny little shop on Sth William St. Years ago.
Easy enough makes but both filling out needs in my wardrobe. Extremely happy with the fit of both so I expect to get lots of wear out of them.